Friday, July 13, 2012

Welcome to my blog and a little about me

Welcome to my page!  The future home of Natalie's Healthy Nosh!  My mission is to help everyone eat healthier, but still keep the taste. I also want to introduce you to easy and fast meals that fall into my vision of clean eating.  Healthy is a relative word, so when I use it, I mean cleaner, less processed eating.  Everyone requires different nutrition needs and has different tastes.  I am by no means an expert; so please consult with your doctor if you plan to make a drastic change with your health and your body! In other words I am not responsible for anything you choose to take from my site and use.

I welcome you to chime in on my posts in the comments! For example other ways you made the recipes work for you or made them taste better!  This is a learning process and I'm in it with you!

I do NOT believe in diets.... diets are temporary changes in what you put in your mouth.  I am promoting a healthy lifestyle change that will stick!  You may not agree with the use of my ingredients, but this is why I invite you to change them as you see fit!  This is a means for a starting point!

In addition to my recipes I plan to share ones from around the net that I have tested out.  I also plan to share some of my favorite products, and hopefully help you find them in your area!  I will be adding links to some of my favorite and personally tested websites and apps!  I also plan to hold some future giveaways of my favorite products to help you along!

A little about me:

    I'm going to try not to focus too much on my own personal journey, as it is a small sideline of my blog.  However, from time to time I may update you on it in hopes of inspiring you to make changes!  I always say, I'm here to inspire!  I'm currently 27 years old, and over the past 6 years I put on a significant amount of weight due to some personal health issues.  I've got them squared away for the most part, and I was ready to make a lifestyle change!  In the past, I have dieted... it got me nowhere... so I decided to move more, eat less and cleaner.  As of today's entry I work out 4-6 days a week (this includes cardio and strength training), and I have lost a total of 17 pounds in 75 days (there is no race)  I'm sure you've heard it before, but BELIEVE me; if I can do it, so can YOU!  I eat as clean as possible, with fresh foods and minimally processed ones.  I personally am not against using sweeteners like Splenda and Stevia in moderation.  Moderation is a key word in all things in life. 
I encourage you to drink as much water as you need (at least 64 ounces a day).  I have personally found that my body requires more to feel good.

Since I have started my journey a few awesome things have happened to my body from eating cleaner and working out.  Here are just a few that may inspire you:

1.  My hair has gotten thicker, and I have new growth at the hairline, not that it was super thin to begin with, but its a good sign in my book!

2.  My back pain has gotten much better, and I last longer before it hits me.

3.  I am much more motivated in life in general, which is an ever changing betterment.

4.  I can clean the house for longer periods of time without getting winded, tired, or my back hurting.  I can also grocery shop without getting pooped.  I use to ask Doo (this is my boyfriend's nickname of 6.5 years,  Yes we live together and aren't married YET) to pick up and lift everything... not anymore!  He's happy to come along and play on his phone while I take care of the shopping now! lol

5.  For the most part, I sleep much better!!

One more thing about me that I should share, is I'm not perfect, BUT I believe in staying positive while being grounded as much as I can!  I also LOVE to use exclamation points, the color pink, and all things that sparkle and shine!

I welcome you to share my blog and it's pages with all your friends and family!  I am here to inspire you to be healthy and live a longer, happier life!  Just give me credit, where credit is due, and I will do the same for you! We are not here to judge and if anyone gets mean in comments, they will be deleted and blocked!  I do however welcome constructive criticism without personal attacks!  This blog is a positive, safe place for people to unite in a healthier life!  Keep in mind this blog is every changing and ever growing, I will do my best to keep it pretty! :)

So go forth, my friends, and help spread love and health!

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful start I look forward to yummy recipes and great advice on a better you and me :)
    Jolene

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super excited you started a blog :)

    ReplyDelete